This plugin has not been updated for a long time and is not compatible with latest WordPress versions (when MP6 was merged in WP Core this plugin broke).
Unfortunately I don’t have the time to update it at this time, which is a shame because it was really nice and a lot of people were using it.
If someone wants to give this plugin a new home you can contact me on @aristath
You can contribute by helping out in github: https://github.com/aristath/bootstrap-admin
This plugin will completely re-style your WordPress admin area, offering a cleaner experience.
Coming soon: Complete rebranding for your WordPress Administration!
If you like this plugin and use it on your projects, please consider donating @ http://aristeides.com
Just copy to your plugins folder and activate (or Network activate) it.
Styling is done using less. This Plugin includes phpless http://leafo.net/lessphp/
If you want to use less when theming this plugin, you should open the
includes/config.php file and
change this line
from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
This will tell the less preprocessor to re-compile the stylesheet
every time a change is detected on our less file.
When you’re done theming, please change it back to ‘0’ to speed-up your admin section.
(though it’s not resources-heavy, phpless is still one more script that runs).
If you are not theming using less, keep this option to ‘0’.
To enable chosen js, you can change
from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
Contributors & Developers
“Bootstrap Admin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Downgraded Bootstrap js. Bootstrap v2.3.0 has a few bugs that caused the popups in our 2 last updates to really get messed-up. They now work the way they were working on versions prior to 1.15
- Fixed bug introduced in 1.15
- Simplified Popovers (Now CSS instead of jQuery)
- Updated Bootstrap to 2.3.0
- Tweaked the popover title css
- Fixed issue with Jetpack’s “Feedback” icon
- Added icon for Yoast SEO
- Added icon for Advanced Custom Fields
- Added icon for WordFence
- Fixing labels issue on Advanced Custom Fields
- Updated the Elusive-Icons webfont
- Fixes the remove tags symbol on the posts editing page
- Replacing Font-Awesome with Elusive-Icons due to licencing issues
- Added menu icon for easy-digital-downloads
- Fixed conflict with the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin
- Better styling for buttons
- override WordPress’s wp_default_styles function
- tags as labels
- set featured image link as large button
- the “add new category” link is now a button
- fixes thumbnails in media browser
- Supports collapsed mode
- Added icons for bbpress
- CAUTION: ONLY UPDATE TO 1.0 IF YOU ARE USING WORDPRESS 3.5 AND ABOVE
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.5
- Moved icons from jquery to css implementation
- The width of the admin menu is now identical to the one in WordPress core
- Less obstrusive
- The left menu is now 150px wide, close to the original wordpress menu width (narrower than on the previous version)
- Labels are now inline-blocks instead of blocks
- Using the Awesome Font for icons
- Other minor bugfixes
- Minor bug fixes
- Chosen.js is now disabled by default. This can be changed in the
- Implemented chosen js
- Bugfix. Some users reported css was not being applied on 0.2
- Implementing phpless and re-styling everything using less.
- Lots of styling
- ProSites “hacks”
- MarketPress “hacks”
- Small styling bugfixes
- First version