Display Categories Widget will display Child categories on your sidebar. Can be placed on widget in sidebar.
Our development is being tracked on GitHub URL. Please fork, code, raise pull request, suggest improvements on GitHub.
1. Limit number of categories that appears.
Exclude categories from display.
Restrict levels of categories that can be shown.
Display categories as list or dropdown.
Hide categories that does not have any posts.
Display/Hide number of posts available in categories.
Display/Hide category description on hover in title attribute
How to contact plugin support?
We support through https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/display-categories-widget and http://www.iteamweb.com/open-source-softwares/wordpress/wordpress-plugins/display-categories-widget/
Arbitrary section 1
- Upload display-categories-widget folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to widgets page
- Drag and drop the widget where ever you need
- Choose the parent category to display the child categories in the front end
- Will the plugin show parent category?
Yes its optional, if you need to make parent category visible you can enable from the widget
- Is the category sorted?
The sorting order is ascending and it sorts on the name of the category
- Exclude categories does not work?
Check if you have entered the category id’s and not the category names.
- Will this plugin work for PHP version 5.6?
Yes, this plugin will work for PHP5.6 and if you face any parse errors , please report in support section forum.
Contributors & Developers
“Display Categories Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Display Categories Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed warning for php 5.6 (Ternary operator updated) – Fixed: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘?’
- Added default values to not initialized variables to avoid notes poping up in wp backend
- Fixed deprecation warning for php 7.3 (create_function is deprecated)
- Enable/disable display of category description
- Code formatting
- Removed Deprecated Constructor Method – Thanks https://github.com/frozzare
- Added sorting option by name, id, post count
- Ability to use more than 1 widget on same page with different parent categories
- Code formatting
- Bug fixes
- Added a label for dropdown non-selection case
- Removed deprecated WP_Widget
- Updated a widget screenshot
- Level of sub categories to be shown can be managed from widget settings
- Exclude categories that you dont want to show on the front end
- Added new screenshots
- Displaying the list of categories in columnwise (Optional)
- If nothing is selected then all categories will be displayed. Removal of deprecated functions
- Optional display for Dropdown or List view of categories
- Display Number of post in each categories
- Display Empty categories Option
- Display parent category show/hide option
- Limit the number of categories that is displayed
- Description Updated
- Initial release.