This plugin provides an easy-to-use way of capturing email addresses when the end user wishes to download a file. Is used as a shortcode in your posts or pages.
- Is easy to use
- Can be used to capture email addresses inline or from a button.
- Can now use an existing button on the page to keep the styling intact.
- Multiple entries can be created.
- Allows capture of an email address when offering a download as a lead magnet.
- Contacts can be downloaded (CSV file) to import into your email marketing system.
- Addons (paid) are available to directly send contacts to your email marketing system. Download Magnet Pro
- Currently supports ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, MailPoet, MailChimp, SendFox, Sendy and Webhooks. More in development.
- New Webhook addon to connect to any system that supports webhooks such as Zapier, Make (Integromat) and Automate.io etc.
- Custom options include to request name and also GDPR consent.
- Utilizes the wp_footer action to ensure the dialog box is always on top. (Can be overriden).
- Please send me your feedback here for any new features you want to see in next version of this plugin.I will be happy to receive feedback.
To install Download Magnet , follow these steps:
- Download and unzip the plugin
- Upload the entire downloadmagnet/ directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Download Magnet will appear in the sidebar. Click on it.
- To add a download magnet, click on Add New and enter/upload a file for download
- In any post or page enter the shortcode [downloadmagnet id=xxx]. xxx is the id number of the download and a button will appear.
- To add a download magnet to an existing button, add an id name to the button and then add the shortcode [downloadmagnet id=xxx button=yyy]. xxx is the id number of the download and yyy is the id of the button. Click here for help.
Please send me your feedback here for any new features you want to see in next version of this plugin.I will be happy to receive feedback.
How do I add a download magnet to a page or post?
In any post or page enter the shortcode [downloadmagnet id=xxx]. xxx is the id number of the download and either a button (popup) or the form (inline) will appear.
To add a download magnet to an existing button, add an id name to the button and then add the shortcode [downloadmagnet id=xxx button=yyy]. xxx is the id number of the download and yyy is the id of the button. For more guidance.
Does this version capture email addresses?
Yes, this version captures email addresses and allows you to download a CSV file of the contacts. If you want to automatically send the contacts to your email marketing system, you will need to purchase the appropriate addon.
What email marketing systems are available as addons?
Currently available are ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, MailChimp, MailPoet, SendFox, Sendy and Webhooks. More in development, check the Addons page in the menu. If you do not see your email marketing system, please contact me here and we will see what we can do.
How do I get the Addons
Addons can be be purchased and installed from the Addons menu in this plugin or are also available from here
How do I get support?
Plugin support can be found here here. Addon customers will receive premium support. Details when purchased.
Are you planning to add more features?
Yes, I am planning to add more features. Please send me your feedback here for any new features you want to see in next version of this plugin.I will be happy to receive feedback.
The ability to add to an existing button came from feature requests. Please keep them coming.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Download Magnet” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Download type can be overriden in the shortcode (type=inline or type=popup or type=button)
Fixed post validation bug.
Added ability to attach popup to existing buttons on page.
Dialog HTML code now added to the footer to avoid any theme z-index issues (Can be overriden)
Architectural changes, premium items now available as paid addons.
Bug fix on saving the post.
Added an Inline option for the name/email address capture form (as well as a popup dialog).
Added MailPoet support (now as premium addon).
Added ability to ignore IP address from user (for GDPR/CCPA compliance options)
Can now customize Download button text.
Bug fix on download count.
Freemius SDK Version updated.
First public release.
Bug fixes for customers.