Converts bare image links inserted in the post content into HTML tagged images, so turns links into visible images. Only applies into image links not tagged by the user. Useful for regular and bbpress instalaltions, to make easier for users inserting images just by posting a link to the image.
Extremely light, only computes when a user saves content, and just executes a light checking. It doesn’t run when readers access the blog.
- Upload the embed-bare-image-links folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the Embed Bare Image Links plugin through the \\\\’Plugins\\\\’ menu in WordPress
- What does this plugin do?
When a user tries to publish content, this plugin search for untagged image links in the content, and tags them before saving it to the database to make images formerly visible.
- Does it work with BBPRESS?
Yes, it works! Which is really nice for forums with unexperienced users who find difficult inserting images
- Does it affect old published untagged image links?
No, it only affects to newly saved posts/pages. However, if you update an old post, the plugin will check the content and will work aswell for that post.
- What link image extensions it embeds?
jpg, jpeg, png & gif
- What is the external plugin page?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Embed bare image links” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Embed bare image links” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.