Accessing the Emoji library can be painful 😫 on some operating systems. You always have to leave the editor which is not useful for distraction-free writing.
- This plugin reduces the burden by implementing an easy to use Emoji picker in the block toolbar.
- Can be used with any WordPress theme.
- Only compatible with WordPress (Gutenberg) Core. Third-party page builders will probably not work.
Emoji Netiquette: Emojis have become popular culture and are here to stay but choose them wisely and avoid ❗️ excessive use in your (business) communication.
The Emoji Mart library (BSD 3-Clause “New” or “Revised” License) has been developed by Missive.
If you like this plugin and are missing a powerful Icon library in your Editor you may find our <i> Toolbar plugin useful.
- The Plugin development can be followed via GitHub <3 / ❤️
- We are happy to receive feature suggestions and pull requests: https://github.com/them-es/emoji-toolbar
- Upload the Plugin to the
- Activate it through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Open a page or post using the block editor, add a paragraph or heading block and select the “Emoji” menu item from the toolbar.
- Choose an Emoji and it will appear in the content area. Simple and fast!
How do I change the skin tones?
- Click on the yellow dot button (bottom right) in the popup and select the preferred color tone.
Is this plugin compatible with Multisite?
- Yes, you can network-activate this plugin and the feature will be enabled on all sites.
This GPL 2.0+ licensed WordPress plugin uses a BSD 3-Clause “New” or “Revised licensed library. Is the third-party code compatible with GNU GPL?
- See https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses
Contributors & Developers
“Emoji Toolbar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Code quality
- Update dependencies and locales
- Localization of the Picker interface
- Update dependencies
- Update dependencies
- Update Emoji Mart library to 5.0 which is faster and more accessible than before
- Unicode 14.0 support with new emoji chars
- Minor styling updates
- Minor updates: Styling issue, Removed @import from style-editor.css, Make title translatable
- Fixed some deprecation warnings
- Ready for localization
- Style top-level toolbar button as 😀
- Remove button #2 from dropdown menu
- Drop CDN icons and load “os-specific” native Emojis in the Picker component
- Bugfixes: 1. Finally categories can be selected on init, 2. Fixed some console warnings
- Add another button in the top-level toolbar (the button in the dropdown will stay there for the time being!)
- Remove initial preview emoji from Emoji Mart
- Initial release