While being tailored for iPlayerHD Video Hosting users, the plugin should work
with any video which can be embedded via an iframe. Simply set the width and height attributes to fit
your video’s format and you’re all set!
iPlayerHD users also get additional options such as playlist embeds and popup embeds.
[iplayerhd src=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ”] – by omitting width and height parameters the video is embedded in 16:9 format
[iplayerhd src=”//iplayerhd.com/player/video/5ae4df93-5734-4e29-9f2e-15ff9056b7e4?cbartype=auto” width=”1024″ height=”768″]
- src – source of the iframe, defaults to: http://iplayerhd.com/player/video/5ae4df93-5734-4e29-9f2e-15ff9056b7e4?cbartype=auto
- width – width of video in pixels, defaults to 640 – if the video is in 16:9 format you can omit this parameter
- height – height of video in pixels, defaults to 360 – if the video is in 16:9 format you can omit this parameter
- popup – for iPlayerHD users only – embeds a thumbnail which opens the video in a lightbox-style popup, defaults to ‘false’
- player-mode – for iPlayerHD users only – possible values: ‘video’, ‘playlistRight’, ‘playlistBottom’ – user for embedding iPlayerHD playlists, defaults to ‘video’
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the shortcode in your pages and posts
Contributors & Developers
“Free Responsive iframe Video Embeds” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Compatible up to WordPress 5.2.2
- Fixed issues with iPlayerHD popup embeds
- Fixed script enqueuing
- Compatible up to WordPress 4.6.1
- Added support for pre-5.4 PHP versions
- Fixed installation folder name issue
- Initial release