This plugin adds new meta fields for images within the WordPress media library. You can display all your images in one place with corresponding copyrights (photographer and platform) via a simple shortcode. Especially the German law forces website owners to display all the copyright holders of graphics and photos used on a website.
- adds new meta fields for media library items
- edit copyright holder / photographer name
- set an optional stock photo platform
[photo_credits]displays all images with credits set
- optional image overlay with copyright information
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/image-rightsdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Edit copyright information in your media library items.
- Use the shortcode
[photo_credits]in order to display a simple table with all your copyrighted images.
- Optionally change table layout by addressing CSS class
table.photo-credits-tablein your theme’s stylesheet.
- Activate an optional copyright overlay for images under Settings > Media > Image Rights Options
Contributors & Developers
“Image Rights” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added admin option to make overlays in frontend optional
- Updated German language file
- Small bugfixes
- Added layers on images with credits in frontend.
- Initial release for WordPress plugin directory.