PARETO SECURITY FEATURES
Had enough of the security theatre presented by the raft of WordPress security plugins? Time to put a stop to the attacks!
Firstly WordPress and most other CMS\’s are built using PHP. PHP is a very insecure programming language, even worse in the hands of amateurs.
WordPress has been plagued by plugins authored by amateurs that bring with them security vulnerabilities.
Security plugin designers mostly focus on cleaning up attacks rather than stopping them dead in their tracks.
Pareto Security class acts as a Central Security Hub checking all inputs from users, preventing bad requests from executing on your website.
- Real Attack Prevention that can be achieved via a plugin
- Automatic Blacklist Management
- No customisation needed
- Works silently, you only get notified when you really want to be notified
- Completely Free
- and much more…
PARETO SECURITY PROTECTION
- Pareto Security Protection identifies and blocks malicious traffic.
- Pareto Security Protection dynamic IP Blacklist protects your site while reducing load.
- Protects your site at the entry-point, disabling attack peneration of your WordPress site.
- Extends WordPress inbuilt security, defends your website against vulnerabilities added in via bad plugin coding.
- [disabled] Optionally prevent Tor users/bots from interacting with login forms and search functions of your site while still allowing them to view your site.
- Optionally only allow standard web clients and trusted crawlers to access your website, discouraging others from doing so.
PARETO SECURITY TOOLS
- Monitor blocked attack attempts
- Optionally receive notifications of REAL attack attempts that Pareto Security has blocked
A Word on Security:
By the very nature of plugins, no plugin should ever claim to be a Web Application Firewall.
No security plugin can save your website from really-really badly written site, theme and/or plugin code.
No security plugin can save your site from attacks that result from when administrators do not follow basic security practices.
Keeping any CMS as secure as possible is not easy. The very best thing you can do to prevent attacks is to always keep your website code, themes and plugins up to date, and remove any plugins and themes you are not using.
- Automated Setup Steps
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress
How does Pareto Security protect sites from attackers?
The Pareto Security developers understand how PHP – the coding language in which WordPress is written in, can be exploited. Pareto Security principles of protection stop these attacks at the entry point.
How does the Pareto Security Protection work?
- Pareto Security Protection stops you from getting hacked by identifying malicious requests before they can access your website.
- Unlike other very popular plugins, Pareto Security prevents malicious files from being uploaded into your WordPress site
- Optionally prevents vulnerability scanners like WPScan from probing your websites defenses.
What checks does the Pareto Security Scanner perform?
- Scans all input requests (GET, POST, REQUEST, COOKIES, SERVER) for malicious intent. If an input validation application does this well, there is no need to then scan files in your website file repository – They should never be there in the first place!
What security monitoring features does Pareto Security include?
- A log of real attack attempts that were blocked by Pareto Security
- An optional log of medium and low risk attack that were prevented from executing on your WordPress site
How will I be alerted if my site has a security problem?
Pareto Security sends attack alerts via email. Once you install Pareto Security you can enabled email notifications. You will never be flooded with notifications as Pareto Security only sends notifications of high risk attacks that have been blocked.
Do I need other security plugins or cloud based firewalls?
Pareto Security provides true entry-point security for your WordPress website. Pareto Security does not prevent or have conflict with other webserver security addons and hardware web application firewalls.
What blocking features does Pareto Security include?
- Real-time blocking of attackers and repeat attackers.
- Prevents vulnerability scanners from scanning your wordpress website
How can I contribute to the cause
Go to https://hokioisecurity.com/donations/
Do you have an email contact?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other contacts: https://taipo.github.io/contact/
Contributors & Developers
“Pareto Security” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Pareto Security” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Pareto Security” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
* Shifted Arbitrary File Upload prevention for non-logged in users to Hard Ban Mode
* Further work on filtering htaccess files
* Lower the error log reports when PHP is being run by command line
* Minimum PHP version now 7.4
* Further work on HTTP Headers shield
* Fixed issue in ip hashing which will cause error notices on first install or update of PS
* Bugfix to new header shield
* Added hetrixtools to trusted user-agents
* Further filtering to protect against arbitrary file uploads
* New HTTP Headers shield added
* Fix Injection code to fix notice warnings
* Update to cloud ip ranges
* Improve the htaccess cleanup function
* Bugfix: Undefined variable bug _silent_mode un-initialised when Pareto Security is called from a non-Wordpress website.
* Test Pareto Security against WordPress 6.0
* Bugfix in the check_ip() function causing maximum execution timeouts
* Bugfix for updating of the admin ip function, and further compatibility with PHP 8.0
* Bugfix for safe domain list
* Added in additional safe spiders