- Provides a shortcode for embedding post-thumbnails. Authors can quickly change pictures in posts without wading through HTML. This can be awesome in several ways: if your post-thumbnails change the width or height due to a theme change, or if you have cropped them with another tool — this will always pull wordpress’ latest image).
- Includes a hook into the media library to create the above shortcode.
- Add new post thumbnails via WordPress Settings → Media.
Submit any other ideas at https://github.com/sewpafly/post-thumbnail-extras/issues.
Use the shortcode
[pt] in your posts to quickly embed the featured image as a thumbnail. Use the attribute ‘size’ to change to a different post-thumbnail size (e.g.
[pt size='medium']). You can also use any image in your media gallery if you know the id, by using the
id attribute (
link attribute to wrap the image in a link.
link='file'will create a link to the full size image.
link='post'will create a link to the attachment page.
link='http...'creates a link to any URL.
Use the media library to quickly add this shortcode for the selected image by pressing the “Insert shortcode” button.
Add/Delete Post Thumbnails
- In Settings → Media, click the plus sign to add a new post thumbnail.
- Update the width/height and whether or not the post-thumbnail should be cropped to an exact size. (If the width or height is set to 0, that boundary constraint is not enforced — effectively, it’s infinite). Make sure you click the “save” button so that the changes are stored in the database.
- Did you even test this?
Yes. No. Sort of. Thanks for asking. But let me know if you’re having problems and I’ll see what I can do.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Post Thumbnail Extras” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
ptx_html_attrsfilter for modifying the html output
- Fixed the
shortcode_attsso that the
shortcode_atts_ptxfilter will fire
- Updated for wordpress 3.8
- Added code to check for pending operations on the Options → Media screen.
- Added alignment and link options to the shortcode
- WordPress 3.6-beta2 fix
- Shortcode Creation with the Media Library
- Display post thumbnail information for thumbnails created by other plugins and themes
- CRUD (Create/Read/Update/Delete) operations on post-thumbnails
- Initial cut