IMPORTANT: This plugin requires Jetpack’s Publicize module: read below for additional info.
As the name says, this plugin will automatically append hashtags to any content sent by Jetpack’s Publicize module. This means that the plugin will work only if the Jetpack plugin is already installed on your WordPress platform with the Publicize module set to active. Don’t worry, tho: if any of these requirements are missing this plugin won’t do anything, without breaking your blog or compromising its performance in any way.
- Hashtags will be created using the post
tags, (optionally) trimming the space chars, until the maximum character length is reached (if any).
- You’ll still be able to manually add custom hashtags, pre-pending or appending them to the auto-generated ones just like you always did.
- You can reorder the hashtags as you like, regardless of how they were added.
- Dupe check included, ensuring that the same hashtag won’t be included multiple times – unless you manually do that.
- Automatically added hashtags won’t break the 118-character limits of the social message text to keep the message length under the standard tweet + link limit.
- The above character-length threshold can be changed and/or set to infinite with ease.
- Plugin SVN Repository hosted by WordPress.org (in real-time sync with the GitHub repo).
- Plugin GitHub Repository (in real-time sync with the official SVN repo).
- Plugin GitHub Page.
- Plugin official page at Ryadel.com.
- Installation & Usage Guide at Ryadel.com.
- Darkseal of Ryadel.com.
Go to the Plugins > Add New… panel in the WP Admin interface, search for “publicize with hashtags” and click Install.
If you prefer to install the plugin manually, you can do the following:
- Go to the plugin page on the WordPress Plugin Browser and click the Download button to get the latest version to your HDD.
- Upload the publicize-with-hashtags.zip file using the WordPress upload plugin feature OR unpack its contents inside the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Take a look at the plugin’s source code and change its default settings if needed.
- What if I manually insert one or more hashtags?
They will be kept as they are: the plugin won’t strip out anything, it will simply add the “missing” hashtags to the Custom Message box.
- What if I already inserted an hashtags identical to an existing post tag?
It won’t be added again, as long as it’s case-insensitive equal to the first one. The plugin will never insert a dupe hashtag on its own.
Contributors & Developers
“Publicize With Hashtags” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Publicize With Hashtags” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed a bug for some auto-saved posts missing their title in their social text
- Added WordPress 4.3 compatibility notice
- Fixed a bug in hashtags generation
- Added an explicative screenshot
- Added some Frequently Asked Questions
- Small changes to readme.txt
- First release.