This plugin is for Slickstream customers. It adds our embed code and key metadata into
your webpages without affecting site speed or performance.
Slickstream users get unlimited access to all of our tools, including:
– Responsive as-you-type search with a heap of advanced features that your visitors will love
– Customizable recommendation carousels and grids backed by real data
– Hassle-free content favoriting to keep your visitors coming back
– A robust analytics portal with engagement insights you can actually use
The Slickstream Difference
What makes Slickstream different is that we handle the hard work for you. We sit outside of WordPress, which means when you sign up we build a model of your site and use it to populate all of our search and recommendation tools. Then you pick the ones you want to use, flip a switch, and we’re live! Your site can be running Slickstream tomorrow, with no complicated technical implementation required.
- Floating Search: Search with Slickstream on any page
- Hooked Search Buttons: Automatically link your existing search to Slickstream
- Inline Search Module: As-you-type search results displaying on page
- Infinite Filmstrip: Content recommendations placed above posts
- Filmstrip Toolbar: Sticky recommendations that display on scroll
- Content Grid: Flexible recommendation module that can be placed anywhere
- Floating Favorites: Interactive content bookmarking with no sign-in required
- Floating Back-to-Top: Simple option to return to top of content
- Web Story Player: Full site integrations for existing web stories
- Interactive Games: Automatically generated minigames featuring recommendations
- Campaigns: Incorporate custom objectives into user experience (business only)
- Analytics Portal: Robust insights into both Slickstream statistics and general
General Features and Integrations:
- Supports all major themes and editors
- Search or recommend content across multiple domains
- Multi-language search results supported
- Configurable GDPR settings
- Designed for accessibility compliance
- Client-side API available
- Email provider integrations (MailChimp, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign)
- First-party data integration with advertising networks
- Google Analytics integration
- Recipe card integrations (WP Recipe Maker, Tasty Recipes)
- E-commerce integration (Shopify)
- Pre-made templates to choose from
- Granular look and feel controls
- Custom messaging on all text prompts
- Attribution removal (additional charge)
- Built-in CLS (Cumulative Layout Shift) handling
- Optional opt-in email collection
- Optional advertising slot inclusions
Search and Recommendation Details:
- Search by category, content type, or author
- Default sort by relevance, date, or popularity
- Custom result weighting in search and recommendations
- Manual categorization and content grouping control
- Exclude results by category, content type, or individual posts
- Custom taxonomies supported
- Progressively detailed results including metadata
- Automatic content grouping in results
- Fuzzy matching and typo forgiveness
- Highlighted search terms in results
- Structured data search experience for ingredients or supplies
- All search queries recorded in analytics
- Visit https://slickstream.com and tell us about your site.
- Install and activate this plugin.
- On the settings page (“Slick” under Settings), enter the site code we give you and click Save.
- Check with us if you’d like any customization of your widgets
What’s Included With the 30-Day Free Trial?
Everything! When you sign up for our free 30-day trial, we set your website up with the tools you want, at zero cost to you — we won’t even ask for your credit card information up front. If for any reason you don’t like it, you can cancel at any point during your 30-day trial without paying a dime.
If you decide to subscribe, you will need to provide a credit card at that point. You will not be charged for any previous usage — instead, starting one month later, you will be charged based on actual traffic volume during that month.
Do You Support Languages Other Than English?
Yes we do. Our underlying recommendation technology is not English-specific, and we have already localized the Engagement Suite for German, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, French, Norwegian, Swedish, Croatian, Russian, Danish, Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese and more. Reach out to us and we can confirm if we support your language too.
How Long Will Slickstream Take to Set Up?
Your site can be running Slickstream tomorrow, without any complicated technical implementation. Once you’ve been approved for a trial, we’ll get your site ready to go within hours.
How Do I Get Started?
It’s simple: sign up for your free trial here, and we’ll send you a pre-configured demo page. Then just install the plugin, review and adjust your settings, and go live!
Contributors & Developers
“Slickstream: Engagement and Conversions” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First production release
- Revised for configuration
- Meta tag for featured image
- Tested on WP 5.0.3
- Moved to Slickstream.com
- Improved image assets
- Tested with WP 5.1.1
- Cleaned up documentation
- Added category metadata
- New description, screenshots
- Embed code uses app.slickstream.com
- Added shortcode support for Slickstream story embedding
- New meta tags for user, postID integration
- Game shortcode and widget
- Fix for game shortcode
- Remove (unintended) whitespace from site code
- Add category hierarchy into metadata
- Fix bug in category rendering
- Major speed-up based on new embed code
- Removed next-up widget support
- Fix bug with widget declaration
– Changed embed code to absolute URL
– Trim site codes in case someone adds whitespace
– Declare compatibility with WP 4.3
– New inline embed code that fixes problem with Firefox Private Browsing
– Name and description updates only, no functional changes
– Revised shortcode for story-viewer
– Added widget and shortcode support for content-grid widget
– Added widgets and shortcodes for story-carousel and story-explorer
– Revised shortcode for story-viewer to use new embed code style
– Added option for Genesis-based filmstrip container reservation
– More options for Genesis-based container reservation
– Internal testing option added
– Minor fix to category fetching
– Tested with WP 5.7.1
– Filmstrip injection now supports Genesis, Trellis/THA, and Thesis-based themes
– Added Slickstream LD_JSON
– Removing Slickstream LD_JSON
– Bumping stable version
– Support for Kadence theme hooks
– Slickstream JSON metadata
– Remove extraneous logging
– Add support for custom injection hook
– New embed code with support for boot loader
– New options for injecting DCM
– Revised to clarify support option
– Verified compatibility with WP 6.0.1
– Remove rendering of sensitive information