Animated GIFs are large. The GIFV format introduced by Imgur
solves this problem by converting animated GIFs to MP4 and embedding them in an HTML page. This plugin
leverages the Imgur API to convert animated GIFs hosted on your WordPress site
into locally hosted GIFV URLs.
- Adds “Convert to GIFV” to the Media Library
- Creates URLs for converted GIFV files (ex: mysite.com/animated.gifv)
- Twitter card and Facebook opengraph support for sharing
- WP-CLI support via “gifv”
Plugin name inspired by Son of Clippy
Find us on GitHub
- Upload the son-of-gifv directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit Settings > Son of GIFV to configure plugin settings
- How does it work?
- “Convert GIFV” is selected.
- The animated GIF is upload to the Imgur API.
- The Imgur API converts it to MP4 format.
- The MP4 and a thumbnail are downloaded back into your WordPress site.
- The original GIF is flagged with the GIFV information.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Son of GIFV” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
v1.0.0 October 1, 2016
- Initial release