The whole idea to this plugin is to keep spammer robots from posting on your blog, reducing the space taken by spam messages in the database, and preventing your blog from being a spam magnet.
You can ask anything, keep it simple and obvious, e.g. Is the sky Green? NO!. Doing this will stop stupid bots from being able to post.
You can configure the plugin in
Admin > Tools > Spam Stopper after installing it.
- Unzip and upload the php file to your wordpress plugin directory
Activate the plugin
In older version of wordpress (that don’t support wp_enqueue_script) you may need to include jquery in your themes header.php manually in order for the client side validation to function.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“spam-stopper” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “spam-stopper” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- WordPress 3.0 Compatibility
- Added Persian translation by Mostafa Soufi
- Added class to offset spam trap (spam-offset)
- Option to have label on either side of input – makes theming easier.
- Added changelog to readme.
- Email validation bug squashed
- Cached comments now work; if user forgets to fill in antispam or makes a mistake (and the JS does not catch it) the users comment will not be lost.
- Redone entire code to make it more efficient
- Admin section added for changing the antispam question
- Form ID and honeypot trap added to form