Insert shortcode [random-post] to a page or post to display a random post from all of your posts.
Also provides a widget to display the excerpt from a random post (published only).
To display only posts from a single category use: [random-post category_name=”News”].
You can display more than one post, using the numberposts attribute, example: [random-post numberposts=”5″]
Support Forum @ powie.de
- Deactivate plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Delete plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
…. you tell me
- Upload this Plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
How can I support you?
Post a comment on powie.de Forum
What is the plugin page?
Where do I post my feedback?
Post it at my Forum: powie.de Forum
Contributors & Developers
“Random Post Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Random Post Shortcode” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- WP 5.9 tests
- php 8 compatibility
- 4.9.5 evaluation
- unset var bugfix
- attribute numberposts to display more than one post
- display by a single category possible
- WordPress 4.4 compatibility
- New: Random Post Widget
- first version with all required stuff by me